Sunday, March 21, 2010

up roots



I have been forgetting my camera at every corner so here's another thoughtful interpretation of the Farmer's Market at the Portland State University campus that Jena and I took in on opening day on Saturday.

Last week was well spent. On Tuesday, I inadvertently played matchmaker between two of my friends that had not yet met. I won't name names, but I don't think I have stumbled upon two people better suited for one another...well, actually, I take that back...two other people come to mind that knock it out of the park.  ; )

On Wednesday, we went to Proper Eats for some vegan fair where I was properly and pleasantly pleased with the meal. Afterward, we went to see Alice in Wonderland and I must admit, I was slightly disappointed. I can only say that it was charming and the visual representation stunning, but other than that, eh. A couple beers to close at another McMeniman's venue whose name is slipping my mind right now.

On Thursday, my pal came over and made some pretty delicious split pea and barley soup. It really shows that vegans can eat well, though I think being a veg is as far as I care to go, at least for a while.

Friday was a day of play in the sunshine with the kids after art club where we drew the stars, those of the nebula that is. They were quite literally bouncing off the walls and after breaking up a few modest fights (you know, throwing markers, grabbing, pushing...the usual) we went outside where my arms grew weary of carrying the tots and rollerblading around the playground. I came home lovingly exhausted and took a long and well deserved bath.

On Saturday, Jena and my friend Leah and I met early in the morning for the opening of Farmer's Market. Portland couldn't have asked for nicer weather and the masses paid tribute. I can't wait to go again with my mom and go for some full on produce shopping. I absolutely love and love some more, farmer's markets. After I came home, I worked for a bit, listening to the heart soothing sounds of Billie Holiday, watched Coco Before Chanel (have I mentioned that I adore French films) and savored the solo time that I have recently reintroduced into my schedule.

S is for Sunday and Sewing.  It was nice to make progress on a larger scale sewing piece that will be ultimately functional. All that's left is the handles, final construction and an embellishment and viola: the first tote is complete! On to another little motivational present for a dear friend and then finally one for me: a yoga bag for my mat! In addition to this, I hadn't seen my friend Alexis in a while so we went and shot some free pool at Back Stage and grabbed a few beers. The practice served me well!

All-in-all, I was grateful to let my soul rest for a bit before my mom comes and solo time will be long abandoned for a while. Not that I am complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment